Turkmenistan considers the sixty-ninth session of the United Nations General Assembly as an important stage in consolidating coherent international efforts with a view to address key issues of the global agenda, uphold the United Nations leading role in maintaining and strengthening peace, stability and security in the world, and to fully realize the Millennium Development Goals, as well as steadily implement the Member States’ international obligations to ensure sustainable development in the light of the agreements reached at the Rio +20 Summit.
During its work at the 69th session of the General Assembly Turkmenistan will be guided by strict adherence to the principles of neutrality, non-interference and resolute commitments for peaceful political means to resolve conflicts and disputes.
The direction of Turkmenistan’s efforts will be determined by the relevant focus areas, connected with its membership in the Economic and Social Council, Executive Board of UNESCO and other UN specialized agencies.
Turkmenistan will continue to promote international initiatives of the President of Turkmenistan on global and regional issues.
- Statement by the Head of the Turkmenistan Delegation at the 68th session of the UN General Assembly (New York, 30 September 2013)
- Priority Positions of Turkmenistan at the 68th session of the UN General Assembly (September 2013)
- Statement by the delegation of Turkmenistan at the meeting of developing landlocked countries (ECOSOC substantive session, Geneva, 3 July 2013)
- Statement by the Deputy Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan H.E. Mr. Rashid Meredov at the High-level Segment of the Economic and Social Council (Geneva, 1 July 2013)
- Statement by the Permanent Representative of Turkmenistan to the United Nations Ms. Aksoltan Ataeva at the 82nd plenary meeting 67th Session of the UN General Assembly (17 May 2013)
- Note on the importance of cooperation with landlocked developing countries to support the draft resolution on Reliable and stable transit of energy (24 April 2013)
- Explanatory Note (Draft UNGA resolution "Reliable and stable transit of energy and its role in ensuring sustainable development and international cooperation")
- AIDE-MEMOIRE on Turkmenistan’s nomination for election to the Executive Board of UNESCO for 2013-2017
- Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (New York, September 28, 2012)
- Statement of the Head of the Delegation of Turkmenistan at the General Debate (67th Session of the General Assembly of United Nations, New York, September 27, 2012)
- Priority positions of Turkmenistan at the 67th session of the UN General Assembly (September 2012)
- Statement by President of Turkmenistan H.E. Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov at the General Debate (66th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, New York, 23 September 2011)
- Statement of the President of Turkmenistan H.E. Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov at the OSCE Summit in Astana (1-2 December 2010)
- Statement by President of Turkmenistan H.E. Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov at the General Debate (64th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, New York, 23 September 2009)